Friday, June 27, 2014

Old Tool Collecting

My husband likes old, unusual tools and I always look for some whenever I go to yard sales and flea markets.  I've picked up a few so far this summer and here is the one I got for him today.  I honestly don't know if it's truly old or just old-looking because it's so worn and rusty.  The guy I bought it from said it was a pipe bender and said how much he really wanted to keep it but it took up a lot of space and he just didn't have room.  His garage was pretty small, so maybe it wasn't just a selling tactic on his part.  But, either way, it was only $5, so I felt it was a safe gamble.
Luckily the gentleman loaded it for me, I told him he'd have to if I'd buy it.  LOL.  He must have been pretty strong because I was going to unload it when I got home but that sucker is HEAVY so I left it on the tailgate instead.  It was also burning hot from being in the sun.  Looks rather odd in this picture, but it is rather odd looking so it is what it is.  I hope he likes it.  Even though he has no idea what I bought, I only told him it was on old tool of some sort, he told me that he likes it already. 

No comments:

Post a Comment