Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Glazed Lemon Zucchini Muffins and Bread

Now that my garden if finally producing, I'm trying to come up with new recipes.  The zucchini is coming in pretty abundantly so that is going to be today's feature recipe.  This recipe is for making 24 muffins or two loaves, or 12 muffins and 1 loaf.  You get the idea.  I actually made both and put some in a little pan just because I thought it was cute.

GLAZED LEMON ZUCCHINI MUFFINS AND BREAD


4 eggs
2 2/3 cups sugar
1 cup oil
1 cup milk of choice (I use non-dairy types)
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 cups grated zucchini
4 cups flour
1 T. baking powder
1 t. salt

Glaze:
2 cups powdered sugar
2 T. lemon juice
1/4 cup milk of choice

1.  In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar until light in color.  Add the oil, lemon juice, milk and zucchini.  Add the flour, baking powder and salt and blend together just until blended.  Do not over mix.
2.  Pour batter into a greased 9×5 loaf pan and 12 count muffin tin.  Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for30 minutes for muffins and 45 minutes for loaf, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with no raw batter on it.
3.  Mix together the glaze and dip the tops of the muffins into it.  Also use a brush to add glaze to the top of the loaf or pour slowly on top instead.  I used a wire rack over paper towels for easy clean-up.




Of course, you can always half the recipe and make just one loaf, but where's the fun in that?

1 comment:

  1. These look so yummy! I will have to print this out and make some - gluten free, of course! I do not have any zucchini yet...though I am sure I will be offered some by someone local or I will pick some up at the Farmer's Market soon.

    Miss you!
    ~Adrienne

    ReplyDelete