Sunday, August 3, 2014

Mouthwatering Peach Cobbler


When I picked out the peaches I was going to buy two days ago, I selected six large, firm ones.  Even though they were firm just two days ago, they are extremely soft already, so I'm scrambling to come up with recipes for using them.  I couldn't decide if I wanted muffins, bread, cake, pie, or what exactly.  Then I thought of a cobbler and knew that's what I wanted to make.  Here is the recipe.

MOUTHWATERING PEACH COBBLER
1/2 cup butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar, divided 
1 tablespoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 cup vanilla yogurt
4 cups fresh peach slices
1 tablespoon lemon juice 
Ground cinnamon or nutmeg (optional) 

Melt butter in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish or something similar, I used a stoneware pot and melted the butter in the microwave.
Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt; add yogurt, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter over butter (do not stir).


Bring remaining 1 cup sugar, peach slices, and lemon juice to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly; pour over batter (do not stir). Sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg, if desired.



Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve cobbler warm or cool and top with ice cream, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment