Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Pork Roast With Great Flavor


I was trying to come up with something flavorful to use on a pork roast but I also wanted simple and economical.  Other than a little salt a pepper, this uses only two ingredients:  mustard and brown sugar.
There is no real recipe and no exact measurements.  The roast I bought was nearly 6 pounds so I cut it in half and froze the other portion for another time.

Trim the roast of most of the visible fat and sinew or silver skin.


Merely place the roast in a pan, thickly coat with mustard and then make a crust with brown sugar patting it on with your hands.


Depending on the size of the roast, bake for 350°F for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until tender.  Serve sliced or shredded on buns.


This actually surprised me with how delicious this is.  I don't plan to make it any other way after this.

I took the fat and sinew that I removed and fried for a treat for the dogs.  They were very happy, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment