Sunday, September 21, 2014

Fast & Easy Mini Chicken Pot Pies

This post will only be showing a picture of the finished product.  My kitchen is a disaster area right now with all the garden harvest and canning going on. The only tidy place I could find to take a pic was in front of my calendar on my pantry door.  LOL!

I came up with this recipe to use up some leftover rotisserie chicken.  Chicken pot pie is one of my most favorite dishes but I didn't feel like taking the time to make pie crusts, so I was rummaging around in the pantry to see what I could use to quickly make what I had a taste for.  I'll share the exact recipe that I used, but feel free to add whatever ingredients you have on hand, the only thing that matters is that the meat and veggies already be cooked.  I'll also share some ideas for various meat and veggie combinations that sound like they'd be great, too.

FAST & EASY MINI CHICKEN POT PIES

1 cup dry baking mix (I used Krustez pancake mix)
1 cup milk
leftover chicken, chopped
canned veggies (I used sliced potatoes, corn, and green beans)
seasoned salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350° F.  Take a regular cupcake pan, one that makes 12 cupcakes and spray each cup with oil.

Mix the baking mix and milk together and measure one Tablespoon of the batter into each cup.  Take a 1/4 cup measuring cup and fill it with the chicken and veggies then add it one of the cups.  Continue doing this until all the cups are full.  Sprinkle the seasoned salt and pepper on each to taste. Take the batter and add one Tablespoon of it onto the top of each cup.

Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes, or until they start to turn golden brown.  Serve warm.

Some of the combos that sound like they'd be good: 
  • meatloaf, carrots, and potatoes
  • taco meat, cheese, salsa
  • ham, broccoli, cheese
  • sausage, peppers, onions
 I ended up with about a cup of the veggies still in the bowl so I decided to chop up some more chicken and mix up about 1 1/2 cups of batter.  I sprayed a pie dish with oil, added 1/2 cup of batter then layered with the veggies and chicken spreading them out evenly.  I sprinkled on the seasoned salt and pepper and then poured on the rest of the batter.  I baked it with the mini ones and it took about another 5 minutes to start turning golden.

Please leave a comment to let me know what other combos you think would make a good Fast & Easy Mini Pot Pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment